Terms and Conditions
- You are purchasing your tickets for this expo from:
- Melbourne Wedding & Bride ("Event Organiser" or "Seller")
- ABN: 78 110 271 415
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The transaction is being processed and facilitated through the ticketing website of:
- Expo News Pty Ltd ("Expo News")
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1300 884 226
- Address: GPO Box 647, Brisbane QLD 4001
- All transactions are in Australian Dollars (AUD) unless otherwise stated
Exponews.com.au (the "Site") is an online service owned and operated by Expo News Pty Ltd (ABN: 17 564 826 326) ("Expo News").
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site. By using the Exponews online Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you choose not to be bound by the terms and conditions, Exponews does not grant you the right to use the Site and you must not use this Site.
Exponews may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on posting. By making a purchase through this Site after the terms and conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
General Terms and Conditions
Tickets are sold by Expo News as agent for the person ("seller") responsible for the relevant event. ALL CLAIMS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELLER AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXPO NEWS HAS NO LIABILITY TO YOU.
The following conditions are both of sale (including any resale or subsequent assignment) and conditions of attendance at the event:
- No refund or exchange on any ticket except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the seller. If a refund is made, Expo News may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and / or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets
- The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the seller's and the venue's terms of admission, copies of which are available from Exponews on request.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be permitted. The right is reserved to broadcast or telecast any event.
- It may be a condition of entry to individual events that a search of person and / or their possessions will be required at the time of the entry to the venue.
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Exponews or other authorised points of sale.
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Expo News and the seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
Scalping warning: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Additional terms applicable to sales through this Site:
- You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details.
- GST will apply to all goods and services supplied through this Site. Prices in this Site include GST where applicable.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the venue.
Delivery of Your Tickets
- Your tickets will be delivered electronically via email. (E-tickets)
- You can then print these or bring them on your phone or tablet to the event so we can scan you in at the door.
- We will send you your e-ticket as soon as you complete your purchase
Processing and Credit Card Fees
- There are no additional credit card or processing fees payable by the customer.
Refund and Returns
- Refunds and returns are covered under the policy of the Event Organiser.
- We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the services you asked for but you can choose to cancel your contract, and receive a refund for unconsumed services, if the service has a major problem. This is when the service:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from purchasing the service if they had known about it
- Is substantially unfit for its common purpose, and can't be easily fixed within a reasonable time
- Does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot be easily rectified within a reasonable time
- Creates an unsafe situation.
- If you choose to continue with the contract, you can ask us to compensate you for any difference in the value of the services we provided and what you paid.
- If the problem is not major, we will fix it within a reasonable time. If it is not fixed within this time we view it as a major problem.
- Your personal information is being supplied by Expo News to the Event Organiser to facilitate your purchase and to allow entry to the event.
- Expo News utilises this information for the purposes of ticketing, payments, expo reminders and enabling your entry to the Expo.
- By entering your information, you are also signing up to receive emails and updates from the Event Organiser
- If you wish to be removed from any lists please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal information is not shared with any other third parties without your express permission.
- All personal information collected complies with the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse.
- Your personal information will only be shared between the Melbourne Wedding & Bride Bridal Expo (the Expo) and its service providers in order to operate the Expo and its associated products.
- We will not use your personal information for any other purpose and will not disclose it, except where authorised or required by law or with your consent.
- Privacy laws allow you to access your personal information. For enquiries contact the Expo Privacy Officer on 08 8341 5940.
- All transactions with us are protected using 128-bit SSL encryption to ensure the security of your personal information and credit card data.
- All payments are processed directly with Westpac and none of your credit card details are stored on our servers
Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions
By entering your details you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed below.
By scanning your QR Code at any exhibitor, you are agreeing for your details to be supplied to them and to their Terms and Conditions. (See exhibitor's stands for more details)
By selecting one or more options in the “I would like to receive“ question, you are requesting Expo News Pty Ltd or it's partners to contact you via phone or email to resolve your query.
By selecting “Saving money on a mortgage for a NEW property purchase” OR “Saving money on an EXISTING mortgage” to the “I would like to receive” question, you are agreeing for us to supply your information to Competitive Mortgages Pty Ltd ABN:37 601 926 327 (and its affiliates). You are also agreeing to opt-in to their e-newsletter for the purposes of the competition and for future promotion and information and consenting to begin contacted by them.
By selecting 'Yes please' to the 'Would you like a chance to win your choice of 'Free hire of Life Size illuminated “LOVE” letters for your Wedding' or '$1200 off your Wedding event package with Slide Productions'?' question, you are agreeing for us to supply your information to Slide Productions Pty Ltd ABN: 89 125 966 127 (and its affiliates). You are also agreeing to opt-in to their e-newsletter for the purposes of the competition and for future promotion and information and consenting to being contacted by them.
(a) "web" or "web site" or "site" means the system or database on which the personal information is stored;
(b) "You" or "your" means Expo News Pty Ltd
(c) "I", "my" or "me" means the person who has entered information into any electronic form on a site
(d) "information" or "personal information" means any information entered into any electronic form that is provided that may identify a person
(e) "Show" or "Expo" means the event for which you registered
- I confirm that the information I have entered is completely accurate, and in particular I have taken care to ensure that my email address is correctly entered.
- I agree and consent to my personal information being utilised for current and future competitions, draws, lotteries and promotions by the promoters and exhibitors of the Show.
- I agree and consent to, for promotional purposes, you providing the information I have entered into any electronic form on your site to entities/businesses attached, related, affiliated or associated to the Show, including but not limited to the Event Organiser, presenters, sponsors, exhibitors and suppliers.
- I agree that by my entering into any competitions at the Show, that I agree and consent to my personal information being utilised by such competition for the competition purposes and the promoter of the competition and authorise the publication of my details as they relate to the competition.
- I agree that you will not be liable to me, except in the case of fraud, for any act or omission (whether negligent or misleading or deceptive or otherwise) by you in the performance or purported performance of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- I indemnify you against all claims, except in the case of fraud, arising out of or in any way connected with any act or omission by you in the performance or purported performance of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- I agree that liability on your part or on the part of your servants or agents for damages for or in respect of any claim arising out of or in connection with the relationship established by this agreement or any conduct under it or any orders or instructions given to you by me, shall not in any event (and whether or not such liability results from or involves negligence) exceed $50.00.
- I agree that by my entering information into any electronic form on your site that I am agreeing to the terms and conditions herein and to the Disclaimer.
Conditions of entry
Entry to the Melbourne Wedding & Bride Bridal Expo is subject to the following conditions:
- All brides are entitled to a free ticket provided that they:
- Use this site to purchase tickets online and;
- Indicate that they are a ‘Bride’ upon online registration on this site and;
- Use the promotional code ‘weddingandbride’ or another promotion code that is valid and that has been included in the promotion
- You need to present your online PDF ticket, printed out or shown on your mobile device, at the entrance to the Expo to be scanned before you will be admitted entry to the Expo. If you do not have an online ticket, you will need to purchase a ticket at the ticket sales booth onsite.
- Children 15 years and under are admitted free of charge and require no ticket.
- Parents need to ensure that their children are supervised at all times within the Expo.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Expo without explanation, and to eject any person whose conduct we consider disorderly, offensive, inappropriate or in breach of these conditions, without compensation.
- We may cancel, interrupt or stop the Expo due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or any other causes beyond our reasonable control and such cancellation, interruption or stopping of the Expo shall not entitle you to a refund or to make any claim whatsoever.
- You will indemnify and keep us indemnified from all actions, claims, demands, costs, damages or proceedings whatsoever arising from your acts or omissions, or the acts and omissions of your minor children, within the Expo.
- All ticket purchases are final and non-refundable.